Sat, Oct 14|
40th Anniversary Oyster Eating & Shucking Contests
Sign up for both contests is at the Rotary Information/Raffle Booth at the entrance to Theodore Roosevelt Park beginning at approximately 11 a.m.
Time & Location
Oct 14, 2023, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Oyster Bay, Oyster Bay, NY, USA
About the event
Sponsored by Newton Shows
Emcee: Jon Daniels - KJOY 98.3
First Prize Winner receives $50 and a plaque.
Second Prize Winner receives $25 and a plaque.
Special Thanks: Town of Oyster Bay Showmobile
OYSTER EATING CONTEST RULES:
- Maximum 12 contestants
- All Contestants must be over the age of 18
- Each will have a tray of (pre-shucked) 36 oysters to begin with. They will then be replenished with cups containing 12 oysters each. The original tray and empty cups will be counted to get the number of oysters consumed.
- The time limit is 2 minutes, 40 seconds.
- Contestants will be allowed to season their oysters. Sauce and lemon will be made available
OYSTER SHUCKING CONTEST RULES:
- Maximum 10 contestants
- All contestans must be over the age of 18
- All contestants will be provided with gloves, apron, knives and a nametag
- Contestants may use their own equipment if approved by the judges
- Oysters must be completely severed from the shell, the muscles cut and oysters must be whole and not mutilated
- The time limit is 4 minutes.